On 11 Dec 2012, at 18:01, Louis-Dominique Dubeau <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear teitodocx experts,

we happy few, we band of brothers

> I have a Word template which I will call MyTemplate for the purpose of
> discussion. I am trying to produce docx documents using styles and
> add-ons that are part of MyTemplate. I am guessing that this is
> something I could achieve by combining MyTemplate and teitodocx's
> template.docx, and put the resulting file into a new profile, which will
> contain stylesheet customizations to use the new styles, etc.

It is easier than you think. teitodocx merely requires an empty
Word document which it can use as a template - ie its not a template
file as Word knows it, just an empty doc. The process unpacks that
document, and replaces some of the components - most is left alone.

There are no special requirements for the empty file.  The downside
is that the TEI process may create paragraphs or inline objects which have
a named style not present in the file; Word simply ignores them, in that case.
So yes, you may need to copy over some interesting styles: the list below
are the obvious ones, which you may or may not need:

egXML
tei_ex
tei_expan
tei_foreign
tei_incipit
tei_l
tei_lg
tei_mentioned
tei_name
tei_rubric
tei_signed
tei_speaker
tei_stage
tei_supplied
tei_unclear

obviously you can redefine these _ad lib_

I would work with your B, copy styles from original template to your empty doc.

template_orig.docx is an artefact of a previous generatiion, I don't
understand why you still see it.
--
Sebastian Rahtz
http://www.justgiving.com/SebastianRahtz