On 20 Dec 2012, at 10:35, Saeed Sarrafzadeh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> When we want to make an index entry, which practice do you consider to be the best (or valid) when we want to make some entries from some controlled vocabularies? I think that the following practices may be considered applicable (let me know if you want to suggest another approach):
> 2) using the ref attribute in the <term> element which is pointing to that term in another file (which can be a thesaurus file which may be another xml file with an scheme other than TEI)
> 3) using the key attribute in the <term> element
> 4) using the corresp attribute in the <term> element which is pointing to that term in another file (which can be a thesaurus file which may be another xml file with an scheme other than TEI)

<term ref="http://...""> seems like the right one to me (see note at bottom of http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-term.html). <term key=""> is a
(sort of) deprecated short cut for that.  @corresp would  imply that what you point at is the same as this <term> in some way. I find myself at a loss
to decide whether this is appropriate or not.
--
Sebastian Rahtz
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services