On 24 Dec 2012, at 21:29, Eberhard von Kitzing <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The TEI consortium suggests to use ant script files to perform the various XSL transformation.

this may give the wrong impression; we have a set of ant scripts which
exemplify use of the XSL, but this is by no means the only way. OxGarage, for
example, does not use them

> For the transformation of single files respective ant scripts are offered. For some projects it might be helpful to have a script which would convert any file in a folder or its subfolders when running a script. Often it would be even better if only those source files would be converted which are newer than there respective target files.

I do agree, this is an excellent idea, to support multiple files on those transforms. I tend to do
shell-level
   for i in *.xml; do teitoXXX $i;done
but of course this is rather inefficient, as it starts a new JVM for each file

I don't feel competent myself to comment on whether your ant is the best way to do this,
but I'd be happy to try and rewrite all the scripts to support this in due course. at the same
time, it would be good to factor out a lot of duplicate code
--
Sebastian Rahtz
http://www.justgiving.com/SebastianRahtz