Dear David,
ISO is currently working on a serialization of SynAF using an extended version of the Tiger format. Maybe an idea for the TEI to take up as a module.
See the paper from the ISO group in the proceedings of http://tlt11.clul.ul.pt for an overview and quite some examples in several languages.
Cheers,
Laurent