I think there is so much irregularity in medieval accounts that it would be unwise and asking for trouble if you wanted to model these sources in more detail.

I have not done this yet, but if I was going to do any further statistical processing of the data, I would assign xml:id to all these <item>s, which would then allow me to specify relationships between the different entries, rubrics, chapters etc.

Godfried

--
Dr. Godfried Croenen
Reader in French Historical Studies