On Dec 3, 2012 9:07 PM, "Leonardo Castro" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi, everyone!
>
> When you choose the words of your conlangs, do you worry about what
> they can mean or sound like in natlangs?
>
> Do you avoid words that would sound funny or immoral in natlangs?

I actually have a funny story about this.  In my conlang brenjak,  the
whole pronoun system is formed by combining a few morphemes (marking person
gender and case) together systematically.  As a wedding present, my wife's
maid of honor got us "his" and "hers" towels in brenjak.  However,  the
brenjak pronoun that she chose to translate as "his" is spelled "fap"
(which in case you don't know is internet slang for masturbation on some
sites).  So now I own a towel that says "fap" on it...

-Daniel