2012/12/4 Sai <[log in to unmask]>:

Nice summary!

> (Personally, I bet "no". I would argue that vocabulary, once created,
> is an externally true fact about the world; the language simply
> *exists* at that point, and anyone gets to describe or use it if t hey
> want.

That's how I see it either. Once the language is a language, nobody
should be able to avoid any use of it. I guess that Zamenhof wouldn't
be entirely happy with how Esperanto have been used in some fiction
stories. People could think that there is something absurd about my
conlang and to write a story to satirize it, and it would be very
natural IMO. Once one told me that I was creating an "absolutist"
language, as the words were too well-defined, so letting little space
to deixis.