n Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 3:14 PM, taliesin the storyteller <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On 12/03/2012 01:29 PM, Nonu Iazabo wrote:
>
>> My question for you: If I leave something written in shaped sculpture
>> or bas relief, and qualifying me as a man of our time, what do you
>> think should be the theme? Put another way, if in 50,000 years,
>> someone discovered some writings about our current civilization
>> (post-industrialization, modern and information age), what do you
>> think should discuss these writings?
>>

> Food recipes. Seriously. See books like "The Oldest Cuisine in the World:
> Cooking in Mesopotamia" by Jean Bottero.
>
> It turns out cooking food by boiling it is very recent, coinciding with
> the start of civilization.
>

> t.

This may be an offtopic, but I'd say that boiling, and especially cooking
food by boiling, is a process that requires some sophisticated instruments.
Stone-age cultures boil the water by throwing hot stones in the
water-skins. But this technique is not well-suited for soups and porridges.
One should first invent at least pottery to make boiling possible.