In Nov19, I have case suffixes which are derived from postposed verb forms, with the same suffixes appended to both singular and plural noun stems (the stems being basically the absolutive forms). However, I don't like the results and tinkering with the stems and endings has only marginally improved things. What I don't understand is how something like the PIE case system, with plural endings unrelated to the singular endings etc., can come about. Any ideas?
Also, does anyone have a other examples, nat or con? TIA.