From: Constructed Languages List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Nikolay Ivankov

This may be an offtopic, but I'd say that boiling, and especially cooking
food by boiling, is a process that requires some sophisticated instruments.
Stone-age cultures boil the water by throwing hot stones in the water-skins.
But this technique is not well-suited for soups and porridges.
One should first invent at least pottery to make boiling possible
My apologies for my previous mailing.  I do wish they hadn't put both
"paste" and "send" in the upper left hand corner!

I have no scientific proof for this, but it seems to me that boiling
requires more fuel than, say, grilling.  The water is an intermediate step
between the heat and the food.  Put the meat on a spit, hold it over the
heat and voilą,  it's cooked.  Put a pot of water over the flame (a watched
pot never boils), wait for it to boil, add the meat and wait of it to cook.

Charlie