--- On Sun, 12/16/12, Leonardo Castro <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> ....BTW, does any natlang have some kind of "gemination for emphasis"?

Sure. English does it, to some extent:

the word "little" I'd pronounce as [lIdl] (hope I used the right brackets!);
but for emphasis, [lIt_tl] with heavier stress on both syllables, but what's
important is the clarity and the doubling of the tees. Also: [rIdl] vs.
[rId_dl]. I don't think I'd use this for slight emphasis -- only for really
heavy, I need you to understand what I'm talking about kind of emphasis.

Padraic