On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Charles W Brickner <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]

Wow.  I've killed jokes before -- often deliberately -- but that was a bit
much even for me.  Yeah, for most ethnic groups that want to retake or
return to their ancestral homeland, that desire is a bit misguided and
often fueled by mythology more than history, but a joke's a joke.  Besides
that, many of the areas that have large Mexican immigration were once
Mexican territory, so you could still -- jokingly, not taking it too
seriously -- think of it as Mexicans taking back what was theirs.  In fact,
it's a pretty damn common bit of humor.