Well, for what little it's worth, I've always considered English to be a creole that got itself a state, a
religion, an army and a navy. I've known about the pervasive influence of south-western Old Norse on
the English language - that's hardly a surprise - and about the only thing this prof has done has to
point out that modern English and modern Nordic languages such as Norwegian share developments in
syntax.

Wesley Parish

Quoting Sai <[log in to unmask]>:

> Original article:
> https://www.apollon.uio.no/artikler/2012/4-engelsk-er-skandinavisk.html
>
> Translation:
> http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.apollon.uio.no
%2Fartikler%2F2012%2F4-engelsk-er-skandinavisk.html

> Meta-article in English:
> http://www.newsinenglish.no/2012/11/27/english-is-a-scandinavian-language/
>
> Enjoy. :-P
>
> - Sai

"Sharpened hands are happy hands.
"Brim the tinfall with mirthful bands"
- A Deepness in the Sky, Vernor Vinge

"I me.  Shape middled me.  I would come out into hot!"
I from the spicy that day was overcasked mockingly - it's a symbol of the
other horizon. - emacs : meta x dissociated-press