On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Sam Stutter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I can't wait to hear his explanation of why the English word "bog" ≠ "god"
> (бог)! Wait, did the stupid ancient britons (sic) worship a swamp or
> something? :)
>

> Sam Stutter
> "No e na'l cu barrii

Oh, the ugly snake of the swamps, of course, since /god/ = [gʌd]=/гад/ =
_snake, scum_, right. And Celtic and Germanic swamp sacrifices are the best
way to prove it.

However, they don't hesitate to "prove" that Celts were Russians (or, at
least, the druids, the wisest, were Russians) since Irish = Russia when
you pronounce it backwards in modern English. That's an *actual*
explanation in a bestselling book, mind you! And Latin word "ovo" for a
concrete notion "egg" comes from Russian (!) word "oval" (with the same
meaning as in English). Yet, these are still not the worst examples.

And this thing was officially taught to my friends in on of the most
prestigious Russian technical universities about 10 years ago. I don't know
what's happening now, maybe this is not done any more, but I knew the
adepts of so-called "New Chronology" personally, and I doubt they went
"renegades".

So when people claim the superiority of English due to its role of the
global lingua franca, it's by far not the ugliest explanation.

Kolya