--- On Mon, 12/17/12, Leonardo Castro <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Besides, most of the time, one can infer by semantic limitations if
the verb is in active or passive form. But there are some verbs, such
as "to be larger than" that would possibly cause some confusion if
it's not clear what is larger than what.

Not necessarily, if there's context "than" can be implied/unneeded. How about:

"I think John is larger than Henry"
Someone replies: "No, John is larger"  [than implied]

or (pointing to two objects)
"Which one is larger?"
Reply: "the blue one is larger"

I encountered a problem in Kash, when "than" is followed by a complete sentence:

Normal: John is fatter than Henry.
with sentence: John is fatter (now) than the last time I saw him.