In Siye the sentence "If I were you, I wouldn't do that" is "le pepu lekimpukimesum, le eki me elenupumusu." The -sum ... -su marks "if ... then". Since -su indicates "then" in an "if ... then" construction, the more explicitly counterfactual "elenumekusu" is probably used to intensify the clause. The sentent "If I were you, I would not have done that" changes "elenupumusu" to "elekepunusu" due to a suppletive verb (nu > ke) and a change from imperfective aspect to perfective aspect (-m- > -n-).