I am searching a name for alternative spellings that have
no practical aim whatsoever, but are merely an esthetic
exercise, like dressing English words in the rigid clearity
of Finnish spelling or in the accentuated extravagance of
French spelling, or like using a non-Latin script.

I think that among those who are interested in other ways of
spelling there are some who have strong feelings about what
is right and wrong in an orthography and who are prone to
advocating for their point of view. They may be comparable
to auxlangers.

--
grĂ¼ess
mach