From: "Padraic Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2012 5:41 PM
Subject: Re: How Languages Divide Colors

--- On Sat, 12/22/12, Chris Peters <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> > Color-deficient? How did you lose your sight?
>

> I didn't lose it. I never had it in the first
> place. Colorblindness is actually pretty common:
> one out of twelve white men, and somewhat lower numbers for
> other races and genders.

I consider myself "color-term deficient". The wall I'm looking at now is
"brown", even though I'm sure there must be a dozen different shades.
Typically - and probably quite stereotypically - girls seems to have a
greater need for color terms than boys and thus can name dozens of
different colors where I'd just say "red".

Also, I'm sure I'm a constant source of frustration for missus when I tell
her something is "blue" and she insists it's "green".

Padraic