On Mon, 28 Jan 2013, Lou Burnard wrote:

> As I noted previously, it's easy enough to think of cases where paragraphs
> are rendered without an initial line break; much less easy to do so for verse
> lines.

A challenge! Some hymn books, especially those in the Lutheran
tradition, both German and English, print the text of their hymns
as if it were prose, distinguishing the beginnings of verse lines only
by the use of initial capitals. Example: _The evangelical hymnal. Text
edition_ Ed. Ernst Wm. Meyer. St. Louis : Eden Publishing, 1919.

pfs
Paul Schaffner | [log in to unmask] | http://www.umich.edu/~pfs/
316-C Hatcher Library N, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI 48109-1190