Please excuse cross-posting of this post from Humanist by Neil Fraistat
on the new ADHO SIG. I think it might be of interest to some of the
membership of this list!

Dear all,

On behalf of The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO),
I'm delighted to announce the creation of our first Special Interest
Group: Global Outlook::Digital Humanities (GO::DH) and to invite your
participation.

GO::DH is a Community of Interest whose purpose is to address barriers
that hinder communication and collaboration among researchers and
students of the Digital Arts, Humanities, and Cultural Heritage sectors
across and between High, Mid, and Low Income Economies.

The core activities of GO::DH are Discovery, Community-Building,
Research, and Advocacy. Its goal is to leverage the complementary
strengths, interests, abilities, and experiences of participants through
special projects and events, profile and publicity activity, and by
encouraging collaboration among individuals, projects, and institutions.
It is founded on the principle that work is being done in many countries
and regions and that we all have much to learn from each other.

Participation in GO::DH is open to all who share its aims. If you are
interested in participating in this initiative, you can visit the GO::DH
website http://www.globaloutlookdh.org/, join the GO::DH mailing list
it on Facebook or Twitter (@globaloutlookdh).

Best,
Neil