Dear TEI Community,

TEI P5 version 2.3.0 (Codename: Betty White) is now available
from all the usual sources, such as the TEI-C website and
SourceForge. The debian packages, TEI-C XSL, and oxygen-tei
framework will be updated fairly soon. This release introduces
both textual and schema-related changes, new features and a
significant number of bug fixes.  Mostly these are based on bug
and feature request tickets submitted to SourceForge by the TEI
community. If you notice anything that has changed in error, or
want to submit additional changes, please do so on the
http://tei.sf.net/ website.

We have continued in our aim of opening up the release process to
as many different people on Council and in this case the newly
elected Hugh Cayless (NYU Digital Library Technology Services)
was the release technician. Able assistance was also given by
several other council members on the TEI IRC channel (see
http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/IRC for more information). As
always this has produced a set of notes for how to improve the
release process that will be fed back into
http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Working/tcw22.xml for
future releases. The greatest thanks are due not only to the TEI
Technical Council for undertaking the work, but the TEI community
for submitting tickets!

A text version of the release notes is below, but a version (with
links) is available at:
http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/readme-2.3.0.html

Many thanks to all,

James Cummings