On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 18:51 +0000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> It is easier than you think. teitodocx merely requires an empty
> Word document which it can use as a template - ie its not a template
> file as Word knows it, just an empty doc. The process unpacks that
> document, and replaces some of the components - most is left alone.

Reopening an old topic...

I've created a customized template.docx for TEI consumption by doing the
following:

1. Go into Word. Create a new Word document D from *Word* template T.

2. Copy the TEI specific styles from TEI's stock template.docx file to
this new document D.

3. Save document D as a new template.docx that I use in a new profile of
my own devising.

Now, this all works fine (all the expected styles are present), except
that all the documents I create using teitodocx with this new profile
have "Normal" for template instead of the Word template T which I used
to create my customized template.docx file.

Is there a technical reason the Word template information could not be
preserved? Is there a can of worms here?

Thank you,
Louis