On 1/28/2013 11:22 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
if its of interest, when I make HTML or Word from TEI, I basically ignore <lb/> if its the first or last child of its parent, and turn the others into line breaks. But that is accepting the conversion is lossy, for display.
Unfortunately that breaks when <lb> includes an important attribute, such as an @n that should get displayed or an important pointer.

It does look to me like silence on the issue has led to different assumptions. And it's the variety of assumptions that force the potential lossiness in downstream processing. We TEI consumers can't know which interpretation was adopted, so we find some heuristic and hope the losses are small, infrequent, and immaterial.

-- JPM