On 1/25/2013 3:47 AM, Lou Burnard wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
On 25/01/13 03:58, John P. McCaskey wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite"> Is there a good way to make an <idno> a link? <ref> isn't allowed inside it. It has no @target.

The Example includes
<idno type="DOI">http://dx.doi.org/10.1000/123</idno>
<idno type="URL">http://authority.nzetc.org/463/</idno>
but I don't see how to tag those as URLs.

For non-web addresses, it could be nice to include a link to the cataloging system, something like
<idno type="Wing" xml:base="http://eebo.chadwyck.com/" target="search?bibnum=C695">C695</idno>

I see. That makes good sense. Let me reconceptualize the question then.

What's the best way for a document to announce to its consumers what the @type attribute in <idno> means? How to say, for example, that a @type of "ASIN" refers to an Amazon catalog number and not an Australian Serials number? How to do for idno @type vocabularies what XML namespace declarations do for namespace abbreviations?

I have in mind a machine-readable form, not just a prose statement.

Something like catRef? some use of catRef?

-- JPM