So, while it's still January, I observe that it's not at all clear to me
how that slash should be encoded!

April, as T.S. Eliot observed, is <quote>the cruellest month, breeding/
Lilacs out of the dead land</quote>

obviously, but what about the slash?

Representing it by an <lb/> I contend misrepresents the source, which
doesn't have a real line break at this point. So probably best leave
well alone.

Representing the metrical structure with a couple of <l> tags would be
easier,  but  I can't put an <l> round "the cruellest month, breeding"
since it's acephelous (you may be forgiven for thinking I wrote this
whole message to give myself an opportunity to use that word)

Of course, we do have the wonderful new ability to mark up the
fragmented line as a discontinuous segment:

<join target="#april #restofline" result="l"/>
xml:id="restofline">the cruellest month, breeding</seg> / Lilacs out of
the dead land</quote>

though this does seem quite a lot of dressing for a rather small salad.