Here're some more grammar pieces. I should first note that although predicates are usually verb-type words and the other arguments headed by noun-type words, this isn't necessarily the case:

M2 cat white		"The white one is a cat."

Commands

I'm considering making the imperative a clause type (I#) rather than a subtype of M#; this is because the imperative marks only aspect, not tense (like C# rather than like M#). Since the subject/agent/donor of the imperative would be implicitly 2nd person, there would be no C4. In this case, there must also be a jussive subtype of M#.

I1 run

Tense and Aspect

The table shows the possible combinations of aspect/tense and clause types, along with whether the tense is relative or absolute:

Tag Description	Main	Rest.	Subj.	Coref.	Imper.
Dur Durative	abs	rel	rel	rel	abs
Prf Perfect	abs	rel	rel	rel	abs
Pro Prospective	abs	rel	rel	rel	abs
Aor Aoristic	-	-	rel	rel	abs
Prs Present	-	abs	abs*	-	-
Pst Past	abs	abs	abs*	-	-
Fut Future	abs	abs	abs*	-	-

* These are used only in the relative clause construction.

The durative is 0-marked. The aspect names are subject to change.

Relative Clauses

When a non-core item is to be relativized, a relative clause must be used instead of an attributive clause (R#). A relative clause begins with S# and contains the relative pronoun Rel. It follows the head word, which is now preceded by R2.

R2 boy S3-Prf find R2 dog+ Rel you
"the boy such that you found his dog"
"the boy whose dog you found"

R2 house S3/-Prf see you cat C2 in Rel
"the house such that you saw the cat in it"
"the house in which you saw the cat"

ARGUMENT MORPHOSYNTAX

Univalent words used as predicates may be marked for possibility. Words used as other arguments may be modified for number, distribution, and definiteness.

Predicate Modification

A word used as a predicate may be preceded by a modal or aspectual word. These include:

Aspectual:
*   Process Phases:
	begin
	pause
	resume
	finish
*   Continue
*   Iterate

Modal:
*   Potential
*   Epistemic Necessity
*   Epistemic Possibility

Other Arguments

Numbers and similar words follow what they modify. There may also be collective words in the phrase, as in:

cat 5 group 3	"3 groups of 5 cats"
shoe pair 9	"9 pairs of shoes"

The determiners appear last in the phrase, after any numbers or groupings. They include:

* specific indefinite
* definite (only if needed)
* content question
* universal quantifier
* existential quantifier (may be 0)
* nullar quantifier ?
* DXTS	distributed across time and space
* DXTO	distributed across time only
* DXSO	distributed across space only

PHONOLOGY

I have a phonology sufficient for the content words and basic numbers to all be monosyllabic. What I haven't decided is whether the auxiliaries should be formed orthogonally or not, i.e. consonant for clause type followed by vowel for valence plus coda for direction, such as m-e-k.