--- On Fri, 1/4/13, David Peterson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Huh. Can't find the one I was looking for, but found this one:

"...so I knew there would have to be lots of pairs like /li/ (high tone) with some respectable meaning, versus perhaps /li/ (low-rising) that might mean ‘wicked’ or ‘stupid’ or ‘smell of a unwashed crotch’ etc.—this promised to be great fun."

Should be "an unwashed crotch".

Oh that's just my up to the minute revision of English grammer that seems to be so popular nowadays ;-))) but I'll correct it in my version.

Do you want a list of the errors in the E-o article?