Print

Print


I kind of painted myself into a corner with my grammar, and I was
having trouble with more complex sentence, so I've backed up a few
steps and I've been doing some assorted experimentation with sentence
structures. I'm currently re-translating the sentences I had done
earlier, and should be getting an update posted later today. Then I
will have to catch up to where I need to be on day 30 by doing extra
sentences each day from now until the end of the month.

I ended up feeling like I needed to conjugate the verbs in order to
keep the syntax straight, especially the AUXs, which when conjugated
and used with infinitives of the main verb, really clears up some
previously ambiguous sentences. Also, I switched the articles so that
now the unmarked noun is assumed to be definite and I mark the nouns
for indefinite article. So I have no definite article and an
indefinite suffix. I made a couple minor word order changes too, that
helped clarify sentences, but it's still SOV, but with adjective
before their nouns instead of after, as I started out with. And I've
replaced what prepositions I had with postpositions too.

Anyway, it will all be clear when I get the new translations posted
later this evening.

--gary