On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 12:28 AM, Padraic Brown <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> --- On Fri, 12/28/12, Leonardo Castro <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > I don't have a conworld nor a conculture, but I'm going to
> > take this
> > opportunity to ask if any of you have exonym(s) and
> > endonym(s) for
> > your conlang. And if the conlang name that you present to us
> > happens to be an exonym because the "real name" is too difficult.

I can't say for sure, how Sivarians call the speakers of Yanyarin, there is
not so much I know about the vocabulary of both languages yet. The thing
is, the both languages are phonetically incompatible. Sivarian phonology
consists entirely of ingressive voiceless consonants with fricatives
instead of vowels, and Yanyarin nearly entirely of vowels. I think Yanya
will call Sivarians something like heaven-people, since the sivarians were
those who "discoverd" their planet, and the most tolerant name of Yanya in
Sivarian language is something like day-people because of the properties of
their homeplanet.

The Sivarian itself is as vague notion as Nahua people and Belgian as the
name of the nation and Bahasa Indonesia as the name of the language. Svar
is a gas giant, with the its moon Kxal being the actual homeland of
Sivarians, and Tahn and Nalk the places from where the colonization of
outer space began. Thus, actual Sivarian is in effect a modification of one
of the languages of Nalk that just happened to be understood by a large
part of the diaspora. Thus, Sivarian is as good exonym for the Sivarians as
British would be an exonym for an Irelander, I presume.