On 2013-01-10 19:50, And Rosta wrote:
> My own view is that pre-h,-sapiens-sapiens had something similar
> to human language that wasn't actually language, something
> tantamount to a lexicon without syntax (or morphology).

Nobody can know anything about that one way or another,
short of discovering Neanderthal writing! Anyone can believe
whatever they want, but it will still be only beliefs,
not the stuff which science is built of.

Personally I believe that he level of culture attained
by H.N. presupposes some advanced form of communication,
and some version of human language as we know it is the
most likely. I also believe that denying H.N. to be called
human is a form of racism. But it's all my opinions and
belief.  I can plea and argue for others to share them,
but not convince, lacking any real evidence other than
what paleontology and archeology can provide.

/bpj