> Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 18:38:43 +0100
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Exonyms / Exonyms for conlangs was Re: OT: Native Americans and Other Recent Immigrants
> To: [log in to unmask]

> > --- On Fri, 12/28/12, Leonardo Castro <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > > I don't have a conworld nor a conculture, but I'm going to
> > > take this
> > > opportunity to ask if any of you have exonym(s) and
> > > endonym(s) for
> > > your conlang. And if the conlang name that you present to us
> > > happens to be an exonym because the "real name" is too difficult.

The Chinese call Géarthtörs 贵岛/貴島 (gui4dao3) which is as deliciously close in both sound and meaning as one could ever hope to get, considering. The jury is still out on whether Géarthnuns is to be rendered 贵语/貴語 (I'm a little squeamish), though I am told that Chinese bookstores are having trouble keeping their 贵汉词典/貴漢詞典 (gui4han4 ci2dian3) in stock as those puppies are just flying off the shelves.

Kou