Hallo conlangers!

On Saturday 12 January 2013 18:53:18 Patrick Dunn wrote:

> H. sapiens evolved about 200,000 ybp, and the commonly accepted date for
> the start of language is between 30,000 and 100,000 ybp.  Why is that?  Why
> wouldn't one simply assume that H. sapiens had language from the get-go?
>  What's the evidence for such a late date?

I never understood this discrepancy, either.  I think it is simply
that many linguists are not up to date what regards human evolution,
and still work with older timelines of human evolution that are now
known to be too shallow.

--
... brought to you by the Weeping Elf
"BÍsel asa …am, a …am atha cvanthal a cvanth atha …amal." - SiM 1:1