On 15 January 2013 02:09, David Peterson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I found a paper that does a fairy summary of the types of compounding, and
> provides some interesting examples of natlang compounds (e.g. apparently
> the word for "thing" in Mandarin is a compound of "east" + "west"). You can
> read it here:
>

> http://www3.nacos.com/lsj/modules/documents/LSJpapers/journals/135_scalise.pdf

I've put it on my to-read list. Coincidentally, I'm currently writing about
Moten compounding, so it's of topical interest to me :) .

I've only read the abstract so far, but it looks interesting. I've always
found the definition "an exocentric compound is a headless one" to be
approximate at best. Nice to see an article tackle this issue. In my future
post about Moten compounding, I personally treat headedness and
exocentricity as nearly orthogonal properties. I'm curious to see whether
I'll find something similar in this article.

Thanks for the link David!
--
Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets.

http://www.christophoronomicon.nl/