2013/1/19 Mathieu Roy <[log in to unmask]>:

> <<Leonardo: OTOH, IMO it would be better to change eveything else to
> duodecimal (as we are not talking about the viability of the change).>>
> Could you explain me why?

Because 12 is divisible by 1, 2, 3, 4 & 6
while 10 is divisible by 1, 2 & 5.

> <<In my conlang (that I want to be logic), I have a generic "and/or/xor"
> word whose sense can be completed with particles that mean "additionaly,
> too", "alternatively", "exclusively".>>
> Interesting. So does all combinations are possible: and/or/xor with
> additionaly, too/alternatively/exclusively? And do all 9 have different
> meaning?

No. I have a single word "tiu" that means "and/or/xor" (any one of
them, generic). For instance,

"Liai liefe pasuoki tiu mapanti tiu matuomi."

means

"He/she likes chocolate, banana, tomato..."

The word "tei" adds the meaning of "too" to the preceding word, so
"tiu-tei" means specifically "and":

"Liai liefe pasuoki tiu-tei mapanti tiu-tei matuomi."

= "He/she likes chocolate and banana and tomato."

The word "lou" adds the meaning of "alternatively", so

"Liai liefe pasuoki tiu-lou mapanti tiu-lou matuomi."

= "He/she likes chocolate or banana or tomato."

Using the particle for "exclusively, only", I get the "xor" in the
same way. I haven't chosen its exact form yet, since I'm more
concerned with grammar details first... Maybe "sou"...