I have made a few attempts in the past to "learn" Ithkuil; what I really
did was that I read through some of the intro pages and then gave up in
frustration each time. But for some reason, it all seems much easier
this time around. I'm not nearly as confused, and most importantly, I
now believe that it's possible to learn this language. Something which I
highly doubted before.

Now I'll be trying to get the Grammar of Ithkuil from lulu.com, hoping
that shipping to Europe won't cause problems or huge delays.

I'm wondering, however. There seems to be surprisingly little talk about
Ithkuil on the net or on this list. There is no Ithkuil mailing list, no
IRC channel, no youtube videos, no learning resources other than the
Reference Grammar. Even Gua\spi seems to have a bigger web presence, and
it was revived only some months ago by myself. Why is there so little
activity, so little output? There clearly are people out there that have
a serious interest in Ithkuil; I am aware of the reddit and facebook
groups, and that there is a community of Russian enthusiasts, and yet,
it seems that no texts have been translated into Ithkuil (e.g. The
Little Prince).

Is it simply that people are overwhelmed by Ithkuil? Or are they not
motivated enough? Is the general opinion really that it cannot be
learned? Because I actually doubt that. It is a very difficult language,
no question, but other than that, there are polysynthetic natural
languages with similarly complex morphologies, and there are also
natural languages with similarly complex phonologies.

I do think that it would be extremely helpful to have some more didactic
tutorials, preferably written by John Qijada himself, as he is the only
one that can be trusted. I also know how busy life can get, and how
little time there is sometimes left for such things.

I am reminded of a semi-serious suggestion I once made in the Lojban
community: Set out a cash prize for the first (or any) person to achieve
complete spoken fluency in Lojban. The same idea works for any underused
language, like Ithkuil. Of course, Lojban has the LLG behind them, which
could pay this prize (in theory), whereas there is no such institution
for Ithkuil. It would have to be crowd-funded. (As I said, half-joking,
but not entirely)

Lastly, a hypothetical: What would happen if a person did manage to
learn Ithkuil to a decent level, such that they could speak the language
mabye not to 100% of its potential, but well enough to not need a
dictionary, and well enough to converse relatively freely in/about
everyday situations? Would anybody care? Would this person be a "hero"?
I have no idea.

So these are just some of my thoughts about the current state of
Ithkuil. Feedback is appreciated.

mu'o mi'e la selpa'i