While it's true that diverse (but related) languages often invent different
words for things if those things have arisen post-divergence, it's an abuse
of the rules of logic to assume that the absence of a cognate IMPLIES a
post-divergence concept/invention.

English "horse" is equivalent to German "Pferd" and Greek "híppos" and
French "cheval," none of which are cognates. But it's irresponsible to
assume from this that the Proto-Indo-European speakers lacked horses (they
had them).

Sometimes languages just switch out words for things to keep things fresh.

matt