So frustrating, Fernando -

If there are hospitals which your leadership regards as flagships or
standards of care, get their ED sedation policies (provided they're deep
sedation hospitals).  Letters or guidelines from hospitals your hospital
regards well may help your case.

Obviously, papers from the SPS will be good adjuncts, but maybe not as
powerful as "all the big kids are allowed to do it" type arguments.

You can also ask a grand rounds speaker in who blithely talks about all of
the above as if it's way old hat.  Which it is.  And if someone asks a
question and says "we can't use x, what's the next best thing", they won't
be feigning their shock and pity.

-Amy

Amy Baxter MD FAAP FACEP
Pediatric Emergency Medicine Associates