Howdy,

We are looking to add Nitrous Oxide to our procedural sedation tool chest. The literature supports a solid safety profile, which combined with enhancing family satisfaction, seems to make it a good choice for many minor procedures.

We have anesthesia on board, and basically ready to move forward. While the vendor (Porter) provides training on use of the equipment, I'm exploring options for training staff on overall use of Nitrous, as we have not had previous experience with this modality.

I see various courses around the country for dentists, but not for procedural sedation for emergency physicians. Is anyone aware of other training options?

Thanks!

Emory Petrack, MD, FAAP, FACEP
Medical Director, Pediatric Emergency Department
Fairview Hospital
Hillcrest Hospital
Cleveland Clinic Health System

Phone: 216-371-8755