Dear Colleagues:
    In your hospitals, how has your administration or you as these administrators of your departments/divisions handled accepting transfers when your hospitals are full? And here I mean NO beds on the regular pediatric floors (incl. subspecialty floors), NO room in observation units, NO rooms in PICU and NO rooms in your EDs where you end up putting patients into the hallway, which is now full also.

Do you accept them all anyway or if you have declined transfer? And if you have declined transfer, how has your administration handled this for the future?

I would so welcome your feedback and would appreciate your answers directly to my e-mail address.
Thank you -

Julia
Julia Whitefield MD, Ph.D.
Albuquerque