I think we all need to take a closer and more objective look at the issue before we make such statements. If you are the only pediatric tertiary care facility in the region and/or the only level one pediatric trauma center is not an option that can better serve children in your region other than you. Over crowding and no beds is a common scenario. We need to be more creative and partner with hospital administrators, inpatient and ICU colleagues to develop a viable process that help you accommodate these transfer requests. We were very successful accomplishing this in Dallas. Happy to speak with anyone who is interested. Best regards

Halim Hennes
Sent from my iPhone