    We have a program where nursing (and occasionally unit clerks) call back all patients within 24 hours using a scripted format.  The initial goals were patient satisfaction, and identification of any problems/dissatisfaction...with a hopeful impact on risk reduction.  Any significantly disgruntled families are referred to the physician leadership for further discussion/investigation.
    Experience has been positive, with much more immediate and useful feedback than Press-Ganey.
    Differently?  We need to set up a way to collate the results, to allow us to analyze the data if warranted, i.e., are experiences more positive during different times of day, physician-related, etc.?
     Niel F. Miele, M.D.
     Assistant Director, Peds EM
     UMDNJ--New Brunswick