We have recently found out that we will be using PowerChart (a Cerner Product) as our EMR.

What if any experience does the group have with the product?

Specifically are there pediatric templates that are useful or was there a need to build from scratch?

For those with experience with the product what have you found most difficult as I prepare to work on the implementation?

Any experience with using Mobile work stations (computers on wheels, tablets, pads, etc.)?

For background we see about 70K a year, each attending has a work station (PC, keyboard, mouse), and cover multiple areas in the ED (we are away from the work station a lot).

Feel free to reply directly to me if you want.

Thanks for all of your help,

Eric
Eric Higginbotham, MD, FAAP, FACEP
Assistant Medical Director
DCMC-Emergency Department
324-0000 ext. 86643

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  if you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html