On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 08:53:41 -0800, Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>--- On Thu, 1/31/13, neo gu <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>So instead of working on Jan12 vocabulary or Jan19, I've spent the last couple days on Jan29. Jan29 is one of theose conlangs where all verbs are univalent: most words are pairs of noun or pronoun plus verb or case. The verbs come in different classes according to the role of the arguments they're paired with. There are 5 classes:
>
>• verbs that combine with the subject:     large, fall, run
>• verbs that combine with the locatee:     inside *
>• verbs that combine with the patient:     throw, break
>• verbs that combine with the experiencer: see, think
>• verbs that combine with the theme:       give, say
>
>* I tried combining these with the location noun first, but locatee actually works better.
>
>What I'm trying to decide now before I go too far is what to call each class and what single-letter abbreviation to use in the vocabulary (after V for verb). So, suggestions are welcome! Also, I can provide example sentences if desired. They might be interesting. (Meanwhile, I need to come up with a phonology.)
>
>Are "subject, locatee, patient, experincer, theme" etc. distinct cases?  Examples are always helpful ....................:-)

Actually, no, now that I think about it. It's the other nouns that take the case marking. Some quick examples:

dog-run Rel-large.  "The large dog ran."
cat-inside house-Loc.  "The cat is inside the house."
rock-throw boy-Agt Sub-Rsl window-break.  "The boy threw the rock, breaking the window."
1S-see boy-Img.  "I saw the boy."
man-Agt Rfx-Abl girl-All IndS-book.  "The man gave the girl a book."
Mary-Agt 1S-hear Sub-say picture-fall.  "Mary told me that the picture fell."

Rel-  relative pronoun
Rfx-  refers to agent
Sub-  begins subordinate clause
-Loc  location
-Agt  agent
-Rsl  result
-Img  what's perceived
-Abl  source
-All  destination

However, the syntax doesn't require any given word to be in the clause. Both rock-throw and boy-Agt are complete sentences by themselves.