Ray Brown said:

> Division of the universe into things masculine & things
> feminine is one of the features of Romancelangs and of
> Insular Celtic.  But I would not expect such an _arbitrary_
> system to be retained in a _simplified_ Romance conlang or
> Celtic conlang.  Learning arbitrary gender distinctions for
> non living things does not make a language simple.

and Jörg Rhiemeier added:

> Indeed not, and thus most auxlangs have abandoned them.

If Sim-Arabic were intended as an auxlang, then I would have dropped
gender. Since it’s aimed at “Westerners,” and since most SAE-langs have
gender, I thought it wouldn’t be difficult, and it makes the “conversion”
from Arabic to Sim-Arabic (or back again) a lot easier.

Jeffrey