What Patrick said. This is probably a retention of the /k/ at the end of
the original *-līk- suffix.

It might help to point out that OE superlatives were (with a few
exceptions) made with -ost -- e.g. lēoflīcost -- which probably would
have prevented the /k/ from being palatalized to /tʃ/ (as it was in the
positive form, hence the word <luflych> that I found in my ME book; unless
it palatalized in the positive form lēoflic and then spread to the
comparative and superlative analogically).

Considering that the middle vowel of OE lēoflīcost was unstressed it's
understandable if in this ME dialect it got reduced to a mere schwa sound
in <louelokkest>, which I guess happened to be written with <o>. That's the
best explanation I can come up with.

matt