Interesting article, written in a fascinating style of English, somewhat reminiscent of 19th century magazine articles - intensely enthusiastic and eager to use as much vocabulary as possible. Quite stimulating!

A typographical question: on page 13 there is a table of sentences like this...
No. 2. Iandizer, Heb. y, < >, Ar. y, Eantiz─ôr.

I don't see anything between the angle brackets. Is there a glyph in that spot which I am unable to see due to not having a particular font in my computer, or something?