Take a look at http://dedalvs.conlang.org/slipa.html#othersystems re
writing systems.

For learning: if you're comfortable with linguistics and are willing
to acquire your vocabulary elsewhere, IMO the ASL Green Book,
Teacher's Edition is the best text I've seen on ASL grammar.

I've yet to find an ASL dictionary I really liked. Most are more
English-to-ASL one-way, with very little attention paid to ASL
structure, no handshape/motion/etc index, not organized by /
explaining ASL's semantic clustering. Sad. (If anyone finds an ASL
dictionary that's actually natural to ASL, please let me know, I want
one.)

- Sai