Sort of.  Definitely father, lava, and calm have the same vowel as each
other, while bother has a different vowel than those, and daughter,
author, and dawn all have the same vowel as each other but not the same
as either of the first two sets.

Working it over in my mind (and my mouth) I believe the vowel in bother
is about midway between the vowel in father and the vowel in daughter.

The omp words (stomp, romp) have the father vowel.

long, song, log, dog, moth, coffee, lost, often, boss, bosky, and mosque
have the daughter vowel (CAUGHT)

sock, lodge, Don, wasp, hospital have the father vowel (COT)

folly, follow, ponder, watch, squash have the bother vowel.

Caveat: I'm doing my best to run through these and say them and think
about them, so I hope I'm accurately reflecting my dialect.

Also, I think this is where I get to realize that my Western
Massachusetts roots are still there, as I know native Vermonters would
say some of these differently than I do.  My own dialect is somewhat of
a mashup of my father's Hamden County urban dialect and the hill town
dialect from Hampshire County where I grew up. Another interesting
example of this is the term I use for the soft ice cream they often
serve in cones that comes out of a machine. People from Hampshire County
northward all the way up to and through Vermont refer to those as a
"creemee".  To people in Hamden County and southward they are a
"softserve".  Friends who grew up barely 20 miles south of where I did
had no idea what a creemee was, while I never saw a sign in our area
growing up advertising softserve.