On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 21:01:24 +0400, Gleki Arxokuna <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Rex May <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Steve has a knack for clarifying these matters.  I'd say that I want Ceqli
>> to be usable and non-clunky, so I want words to have the places that a
>> sensible person would expect, and probably never more than two, as Gleki
>> suggests/implies. What I mean is that some words DEMAND places, like
>> Pam — Parent, X is a parent of Y
>> While bathroom doesn't.  When you hear parent, you automatically think "of
>> who?", but you don't with a word like bathroom. Well, I persevere.  Do drop
>> by occasionally and see what I'm up to.
>> http://ceqliblog.blogspot.com/
>

>Well, my example with "A is more than B in property C" can be also split
>into tw-argument predicate like

Hm.  I have "cem," from Russian "than", and I've been defining it as "is compared to," but maybe if I defined it as "X is more than Y" I'd have the exact same situation.

zi gran.  You are big.
zi cem da gran.  You, compared to him, are big.  You more-than-him are big.
And then it's possible to use cem as a prefix, I guess.
zi cemgran da.
With the same meaning.

>(A is more than B) characterised by property C.
>
>So it *is* possible to create a language with not more than two arguments
>in any content word. The drawback is that you the lexicon becomes bulkier.

I can see that, and it'd be bulkier in precise Ceqli, but in terse Ceqli, it might be just fine, as I'm allowing stuff like
Go dorm cwaq.  I sleep bed.
Where dorm doesn't have an actual second argument, and the precise Ceqli would be:
Go sta to cwaq sa dorm.

>> Oh, I think the pics are awesome too! — I assume you mean the ones I'm
>> illustrating posts with, not my own drawings:)
>>

>Your drawings are better.

Whoa!  Thanks.  But the cute anime girls have their place:)