Deutscher not only wrote The Unfolding of Language (which is excellent),
but Through the Language Glass, another excellent book that deals mostly
with how language affects our view of the world, if it does this at all (a
rehashing of Sapir-Whorf with an alternative theory presented). The section
that sticks in my mind most is the analysis of languages that use an
absolute-direction system for describing spatial relationships, rather than
one based on current location of the speaker. I own both of his works and
recommend them to everyone on the list.